Tuesday, November 15, 2011

UPS Brokerage C.O.D. due.?

Ordered a new guitar, guitar strap, and tuner pegs on www.musiciansfriend.com. Packages came from the US to Ottawa via UPS ground. I wasn't home when the package arrived but I did get there little piece of paper advising me that they were at my house this day, that time, 1st attempt... They also decided to charge me 120$ for Brokerage dues. I didn't know what that even was at first, so I did some research and found that it's the cost for customs (fine) and ALOT of it is what I owe them for filling out a couple forms that I would have filled myself if they told me I could (They definitely didn't tell me they would charge me extra for it especially.) Now I also read that I can clear my own customs and waive the fee. I just don't know what form I need from the Canadian Border Service Agency website, to fill out, bring to the UPS store tell them to give me my package and to go **** Themselves.|||Hi there,





UPS doesn't normally give you the option to clear it yourself once they have tried to deliver it.





What a lot of my customers do is tell UPS that your broker is A %26amp; A Contract Customs Brokers Ltd. 1.800.663.4270 - and UPS will turn the paperwork over to A %26amp; A. (That's where I work) From there, we will clear your shipment for you and charge you less than UPS.





Let me know if you'd like to do that - we'd be happy to help. Check out our website below.|||UPS are thieves. If you had it shipped regular mail (USPS), it would have been $5.00 in brokerage fees. How UPS still does cross border shipping is beyond me. I certainly will never use them again (I got a 75% increase in cost on my delivered package thanks to their fees).

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment