Saturday, November 19, 2011

Training my puppie,HELP!?

we just bought a miniature golden doodle puppy. We still haven't finished all the papers so she hasn't arrived yet but we were looking into some training facilities in Ottawa, Barrhaven. WE looked at the Pet Smart training website and we want to know if you have been there for training, is it a good place to go? and if you've had a bad experience with other training places could you let us know what they are? you can also make some suggestions to places we should go.


Thank you|||I trained my Miniature Dachshund by myself. The training method I prefer is positive reinforcement. I do not recommend trainers who work off a punishment training method. My belief is that dogs work best when given attention, praise and maybe a small reward (be it a snack, walk or playtime) when they do something right. When my dog does something wrong, I do not scold. Instead I try to find out the reason he did that. For example, a puppy could be pee in the house because the owner didn't take her out on time, she has anxiety problems, got overly excited, or has a medical condition that needs attention from the vet! Dogs like to please, and they don't do things wrong without a reason.|||this is just a small thought. it is not a definite answer but it is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment