Saturday, November 19, 2011

Canadian Travel?

I am a 15 year old boy and I have a family friend i would like to visit in Canada. What is a good airline I can find a ticket on under $500.00. Also I have been preparing and I have seen that I have to sign papers of some sort at the customs gate in Canada. Will I be able to fly by myself out of the country?


I will be flying into Ottawa.


My travel date will be somewhere around the last 2 and a half weeks of November|||I'll assume for the moment you're coming from the U.S. First, is you don't have a passport, you need one to get into Canada now (ask at the post office, many have most of what you need to do there). They take 6 to 8 weeks to order, so start working on that now.





The paperwork you have to fill out is not that hard, and you can do it on the plane or while waiting in line. They basically ask you the address of your destination, what kinds of items and the approximate value (to make sure you pay any necessary taxes - normally you don't). Also, avoid carrying raw fruits and vegetables across the border, it's generally illegal to keep pest from traveling.





As for flights, all I can suggest is check the travel websites - orbitz, hotwire, sidestep, etc. for deals. Midweek flights are cheaper, so try to keep your dates flexible. Prices go up the closer you get to your flight date, so earlier is better.





Have fun!|||first what country you are coming from into canada??


You must be sixteen but you can travel with Air Canada.


Book your flight with local travel agent and you might need a letter from your parents as well !!|||I live in Ottawa and I fly regularly to San Francisco... and usually I'm able to get tickets for between 475-550 USD. The two airlines that I've had the most luck with in terms of tix are United and American Airlines - usually I book through Expedia or Travelocity. When you look at those sites though, you have to look a few times a week - fares often change during the week, depending on hour of departure, number of stops, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment