Tuesday, November 15, 2011

OK, I know it's early, but do you think the Flyers?

are going to finish as the 4th seed next season?





I know that a lot will happen between now and the end of the regular season, but on paper at this point, I can see the division ending up like this:





(1)Pittsburgh (Man, that hurts)


(4)FLYERS


(7)NY Rangers


New Jersey


NY Islanders





.....the rest of the conference like this:





(3)Ottawa


(6)Buffalo


(8)Boston


Montreal


Toronto





(2)Atlanta


(5)Tampa Bay


Carolina


Florida


Washington





Take a shot, I'd like to know what others think.





BTW, my picks are on a yellow post-it note and pinned to my corkboard. I'll hold myself to them.





1 second ago - 3 days left to answer. - 0 answers - Report Abuse|||I think you are pretty close but I am going to disagree with you about Boston and New Jersey. Lou Lamoriello has a way of making the pieces fit in NJ some how and they always manage to find a way to be good. He will call up players from Lowell or Trenton who Lou drafted in the 5th round and they will turn out to be the next hidden superstars.





I doubt Boston for the same reasons. Everything they do seems to backfire on them. Fernandez is solid, but I still don't see that they have done enough just yet.|||I don't know if I'd say Flyers finish over the Rangers with the team they have now....but I dont think they are done with dree agent signings...they still need another good center...right now they have richards, carter, and briere...I believe they would benefit greatly by signing Nylander or Handzus...and they can definitly afford it...and if they do that then I would say they can finish in front of the Rangers...|||The Flyers just got better, alot better.





I got to agree with you on Pittsburgh being number 1, and it hurts to see them there. They are Cup contenders, and no free agency to worry about there. But when it happens...


The Rangers got a whole lot better in a hurry. They could be the dark horse of the conference. Ottawa looked great the second half of the season and thru the playoffs until the Cup finals, and the coach gets a promotion for that Cup performance. Go figure. Buffalo will be interesting to watch to see how they regroup without Briere and Drury. They have some young players that can step up, but will they.





If I had to rank they right now.





1) Pittsburgh


2) Ottawa


3) Atlanta


4) Rangers


5) Flyers


6) Tampa


7) Boston


8) Buffalo|||it looks possible. if they play as well as they played at the end of the season(6-4) they would have a great chance at getting that 4th seed. nice settup. its probaby going down like that.|||Your picks look good, except I would move the Rangers ahead of Philly. NYR signed Drury, Gomez, and still have cash left for Shanahan etc


It does seem strange to pick NJ out of the playoffs but they lost two big players today. And I hope the Leafs can sneak into the 6,7,or 8 slot.


Interesting day, wonder whats next|||This is really tough Bill and the question has been in the back of my mind all day.





I wouldn't mind your scenario coming to reality because we'd play Tampa in the first round.





I think I'd flip-flop NYR %26amp; Pitt. I think Carolina will do better than you think.





There's just too many ifs. I know you made the point "on paper at this point" but my mind keeps going back to the 1000s of future possibilities, and changes, and it's hard to stay focused on today.





I tried.|||Briere will certainly help, but I'm still concerned about the Flyers defensemen. There's still time for more activity though.|||Don't really see them getting up to 4th. I honestly can see them in the playoffs this year though. At least if Biron plays more of the time in net. Maybe I am just confused because last year but why did they keep Niittymaki?|||Flyers have addressed most of their issues especially if their young guys have breakthrough years. I don't know about 4th seed though. Who is the new leader of this gang?





Boston? You're kidding right? Did I mis them signing any body who mattered? A goalie might help but they need some scoring balance.|||1. NYR


2. Ottawa


3. TB


4.Philly


5.Pittsburgh


6.Buffalo


7.Atlanta


8. Dog fight between Florida, Carolina, NJ|||Sounds about right with pittsburgh as 1 !!! but the flyers should be alot better this with briere on the team|||wow-- thats huge for a flyer fan to put pitt ahead, but youre right bill. on paper, there awesome, but there still 1 year away in my opinion.. the reason is; this team looks like a fine wine-- give them time to age and let the chemistry come together.. playoffs-- for sure.. and next to my preds winning the cup (haa haa lmao on that one) would love to see this team go from outhouse to penthouse in back to back years...question--has any team done that??? god speed flyers...

No comments:

Post a Comment