Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How To Make Tiny Figurines!?

So I'm doing a project called "Hidden From History". I am in Grade 8 and would like to participate in the finals (this is called Historica.. the people who win the finals get to go to Ottawa for 5 days). My project is on the things Canada has done wrong and does not want to include in their "amazing history". Canada hasn't always been the best country to live in. For example. Native Residential Schools, Chinese Railway Workers and Jewish Refugees.


So for this project we must prepare a bristol board of information as well as props. For my props, I would like to make 3 diagrams/portrayals of what these races went through in Canada.


I've got most of it done, but at the local "arts and crafts" store, there are no figurines that I can or want to use for these diagrams.


I need to know a way to make these (fairly small) figurines with ordinary things (for example, glue, paper mashe, ect.)


Thanks so much!|||make it out of:


clay


playdough


soap


soft wood


paper mache|||try rolling up pieces of aluminium foil, youd be surprised how folded squeezed foil can turn into a figurine. if its too skinny, cover with a layer of foil till you get the shape you want|||I would use the plastic based clay that you can bake in your home oven to harden. Comes in many colors, easy to work with, stiff but easy to carve, and minute detail is easily obtained. You can go to ebay and see some amazing beads made from this material. Also offers a lot more versatility to mount and incorporate with other materials.





I like the topics you chose but I would suggest you include an environmental, or other, one for diversity. After all you would want to demonstrate that Canada is an equal opportunity abuser just like the rest of the world. Lol! Just kidding.|||If you're on a budget, you might consider homemade "cold porcelain".





http://www.figurines-sculpture.com/cold-鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment