Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Please help with major speeding ticket.?

I was having bad times, I went out for a drive, I just got my new vehicle, and I was going down from Ottawa too Quebec, Not realizing the Highway there was a 70KM zone, I was going 100KM an hour, and then passed a bunch of people, Punching it too 130KM, I had every intention too slow down, but before it was too late, Boom there was a cop at the end of my sad tunnel with a radar gun.





The cop gave me a ticket for $1086.00 and let me drive my car home, as long as I wasn't in Quebec, He said my drivers license was suspended in Quebec for 7 Days, but not in Ontario. It is my very first speeding ticket, and it's a huge 1, I'm very depressed, I'm only 20 years old, and I'm afraid this is going to affect my career, my insurance, and my record very deeply. I understand I made a mistake, is there anything I can do?





It was marked under section 129 of the highway traffic act, It's a white paper, and I don't have a court summons, He told me I can just go and pay the fine, It says I got 14 points (Converted to 6 in Ontario)





I'm guessing I wasn't charged for stunting or racing, because my ticket would have been over 2 grand, and my car wasn't impounded or towed.|||You won't get a court summons, the ticket serves as such. If you read it you will see that you have the right to pay the ticket voluntarily or you can contact the court to request a hearing date. Some areas have a default date for you to show up on if you wish to plead guilty as well. Yer very lucky not to have been boned for stunting or racing because if you were nailed in Ontario you certainly would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment