Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My summons never arrived for my court date?

I got arrested about 6 months ago when i was driving with marijuana in my car , roughly 4 grams. I was in sudbury and thats roughly 5 hours away from my place, i also went into an accident after that and totalled my car so i had no transportation to get there. I was shocked from that arrest and a lot of bad things happenedd that day in a row.


The cops gave me a court date to go too , but i went to the courthouse and the federal office before my court appearance by around 2+ weeks.. The courthouse people told me to go to the building that is associated with my offense. I went into the office to fill out papers so my papers could be transfered to my current city Ottawa. The people who i filled out the forms for told me that i should receive my summons in the mail for my next court date, but i never received it. I have never been arrested in my life except for this time when i was caught with 4 grams of weed. Today i just heard the news from my brother , because he was caught driving in a one way and they mistaken him for me and that the cops are wanting me because they have a warrant and i am confused and very shocked at this. I thought the cops/court wrote it off . I never received any phone calls, mails notices and all that, i even went to the counilors office for legal aid and she told me come back once i get my court papers in the mail , but i never receive them and the mail is always checked. Should i go to the courthouse for a newer court date? im pretty scared|||Yes, you should go to court. There may have been a warrant issued.

No comments:

Post a Comment